Big Brothers Big Sisters of America believe that all children and youth deserve to live in a world that makes them feel safe and cared for. Our highest priority is to ensure the safety and well-being in the life of every child that engages with our agency.
Check out the resources below for youth safety:
- Common Sense Media
- Reviews for what your kids want to watch, before they watch it. Trusted ratings with families in mind!
- Common Sense Media – How to talk to teens about dealing with online predators
- Encouraging article for parents, Bigs or guardians that offers practical conversation pointers.
- Net Smartz Kids
- Watch videos, play games, have fun! Sponsored by The National Center for Missing or Exploited Children, as an intentional prevention tool.
- Stop It Now
- Find practical, down-to-earth tips for talking about this with your kids.
- Keep Kids Safe
- Support and best practices for well-being of children, youth, and families of Pennsylvania – Department of Human Services:1-888-PREVENT
WHERE TO GO & WHAT TO DO
BBBS JEM ATTRACTIONS
Where to go and what to see in Jefferson, Elk, and McKean Counties.
CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE
For additional activities and events visit your local Chamber of Commerce calendar.
Smethport features some of Pennsylvania’s finest Victorian Homes built by the lumber Barons during the 1800s.
Enjoy an inspiring self guided historic walking tour through the Mansion District of this quaint village.
Stop by the Bradford Area Chamber of Commerce on 121 Main Street in Bradford, Pennsylvania. Their voluntary organization of business and professional people strive to build a healthy economy and to improve the quality of life in the region.
The Kane Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit, voluntary membership corporation that works to promote local businesses, supports new and existing businesses and welcomes new members of the community and tourists passing through. The Chamber is open to the public and can answer questions about our community and provide other services.
We are a small town full of friendly people located within Elk County in Northwestern Pennsylvania. Generations of families have lived and worked in our community and we are still a place where people know their neighbors. We enjoy four beautiful seasons and have glorious foliage each fall. Small town pride is still here and we invite you to share it with us!
A Chamber of Commerce is a community’s business advocate. How this mechanism is best utilized is determined by the needs and desires of businesses and the community.
A Chamber of Commerce may be defined as a “vehicle” for mobilizing people to accomplish agreed upon goals for the betterment of the community.
ONE DONATION. ONE LITTLE’S POTENTIAL.
As an evidence-based program with proven positive outcomes for youth, our goal is to serve all eligible youth seeking a caring, positive adult role model in their life. Together we can change the direction of their life! However, we need your help!
Your thoughtful donation will help…
- BBBS-JEM explore program options to reach as many local youth as possible.
- Provide group activities for those children waiting for a Big Brother or Big Sister so they feel connected to the program while they wait.
- BBBS-JEM reach responsible adults willing to make a positive impact in the life of a child.
- Provide the screening, training and continued professional support of mentors, children and their families.
We are asking you to “BECOME A DEFENDER OF POTENTIAL” for all youth in our communities. They need you now more than ever! All donations remain locally in your county.